August 28, 2010

Stevie Ray Vaughan: Six Strings Down, The Day the Music Died.

I woke up this morning and read an article about Stevie Ray Vaughan, and how today was the 20th. anniversary of his death. Today is a day that musicians, especially blues musicians sadly remember the news about Stevie Ray Vaughan.

 

I picked up my Telecaster and played an instrumental version of “Six Strings Down”, it was my tribute and honor to a man who made me switch from a rock guitarist to a blues guitarist. A tribute to a man who made a huge impact on blues music, inspired many guitarists such as myself.

 

Stevie Ray Vaughan

 

Whiskey is in my glass, and my hand is raised in a toast to Stevie Ray Vaughan.

R.I.P. Stevie, your music lives on always.

 

By George Luker

© Copyright 2010 Krule Music Group

2 comments:

  1. Canadian Club is the whiskey Stevie Ray Vaughan preferred. My glass is up as well.

    RIP Stevie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bottoms up with CC.
    Six Strings Down.

    RIP SRV

    John Krule Lane

    ReplyDelete